The Liberal Democrat Group of Vale of White Horse DC have submitted our response to the inspector’s consultation.
The whole doc can be accessed via this link to Dropbox: Liberal Democrat Group response
Here’s a summary of our points raised:
In Summary, we request the following modifications to Local Plan Part 2:
- a) The housing need targets for Oxfordshire’s unmet need should be reviewed before this plan is adopted considering the Government’s housing white paper ‘Planning for the right homes in the right places’
b) The Vale plan should be paused until the Oxford City Local Plan is adopted and we are clear what their unmet housing need figure is.
- The safeguarded land for bus and cycle routes in Sunningwell should be removed from the plan (Core Policy 12, appendix B, page 32)
- References to Dalton Barracks being serviced by a Park and Ride at Lodge Hill should be removed from the plan ((Policy 2, paragraphs 2.81 and 2.82, page 40 of the Plan and page 15 of the appendices)
- Green Belt status to be retained for the parts of Dalton Barracks that will be used as a country park and for the existing village of Shippon
- The 90 Homes at Marcham will have a negative impact on congestion and the AQMA therefore should be removed from the plan
- References to ‘Dalton Barracks’ should be changed to ‘Dalton Barracks and Airfield’ through the plan
- An Electric Vehicle Charging Point policy for the Vale should be included
- a) The housing sites identified in Part 2 to help meet Oxford unmet need should provide 50% affordable homes (as per the Oxford City policy)
- b) A new affordable housing policy should be included, to increase the proportion of affordable homes delivered across the Vale